THIS PERFECT COMBINATION of Greek-inspired ingredients and easy recipe is a healthy meal for your family, you’re going to want to make all the time. It’s called “Kotopoulo lemonato”. Greek Lemon Chicken and Potatoes Recipe is very popular in Greece and favorite to make for Sunday lunch.
If you’re looking for a roasted chicken recipe with tons of flavor, this is the right one for you. It’s simple and delicious. It needs just a few spices, some garlic, lemon, few vegetables and chicken thighs or breasts (white meat).
The mix of olive oil, garlic, lemon, few spices, roasted together with chicken, makes the most amazing flavor you’ll enjoy this meal.
-8 chicken thighs/ or breasts (if you prefer), bone- in and skin- off (it’s healthier/reduces fat)
-3 tbsp olive oil
– 5 medium potatoes, cut into wedges
– 3 medium carrots, cut into a shape of your preference
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– 2 lemons, one cut into wedges and one juiced
-2 cups of water
-1 tbsp dried oregano
-1/2 teaspoon dried basil, for garnish
– 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
– fresh rosemary leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C. Place chicken in a large roasting pan. Arrange potato, onion, carrot, garlic, lemon around chicken. Pour water with fresh lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and oregano
- Roast until chicken is cooked and has nice, red color (60 min). Fifteen minutes before it’s ready, check if there’s a water in a pan. Add ½ or a cup of hot water – your chicken with potatoes should not remain without any water while still cooking.
- Combine parsley and basil. Sprinkle over chicken mixture. Decorate with fresh rosemary. Ready to serve.