GREEK GYRO PITA PIZZAS are colorful, crunchy, individual meals, that can be ready in less than 25 minutes! Greek Gyro Pita Pizzas Recipe transforms gyro pita bread into easy and healthy gyro pita pizzas! All you need are some Greek pita bread (available online, too) and your imagination. Gyro Pita bread is most commonly known from a popular Greek street food – Gyros. For the topping of this pita pizza, try experimenting with any ingredients you like.
Greek gyro pita pizzas recipe variations: If you prefer the “Italian style pita pizza recipe”, you’ll need (for a topping): Mozzarella cheese, fragrant basil pesto, and rocket. The “Greek style pita pizza recipe” is full of Mediterranean flavors like juicy tomatoes, onions, Kalamata olives, Feta, etc.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
– 6-8 whole wheat (or white) gyro pita bread (8- inch size)
– 250 gr (9oz) canned tomato sauce
– 250 gr (9oz) turkey or chicken ham
– 300gr (10oz) grated Mozzarella cheese (Italian) or crumbled Anthotyro (Greek soft cheese)
– 3 small green or red peppers, thinly sliced
– 12 pitted Kalamata olives (sliced)
– 1 Tbsp oregano
– 1 tsp dried rosemary
– 1 tsp dried basil