SALMON is one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. This popular fish is incredibly tasty and loaded with nutrients that may reduce risk factors for several diseases.
Few amazing health benefits of salmon:
– Salmon is rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
– May Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
– May Protect Brain Health
– May Benefit Weight Control
Salmon has a unique flavor with a less “fishy” taste than many other fatty fishes. It can be steamed, smoked, grilled, baked…. Additionally, canned salmon is a quick and inexpensive option that provides the same impressive health benefits as fresh fish. Almost all canned salmon is wild rather than farmed.
Look for it in BPA-free cans to avoid the potential health risks that have been linked to this chemical (*BPA is an industrial chemical added to many products, including plastic food containers).
My Easy Salmon and Spinach recipe is a simple, complete meal rich in protein, vitamins and minerals. Prepared with fresh ingredients, this nutritious dish is ready in less than 30 minutes. It’s full of flavor & various ingredient and herb aroma.
INGREDIENTS (6 servings)
-1 (2 ¼ pound) skinless salmon fillet
-2 cups thinly sliced onion
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
-1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
-1/4 teaspoon paprika
-1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– cooking spray
-1 teaspoon olive oil
-2 garlic cloves, minced
-2 (6-ounce) packages fresh spinach
-1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
-1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. To prepare salmon, combine salt, cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon. Rub spice mixture over fish. Place onion in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Place fish on top of onion. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes / or until it’s cooked through.
3. To prepare spinach, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic to pan and cook 1 minute. Add half of spinach, cook for few minutes, stirring frequently. Add remaining spinach until wilted, stirring frequently. Sprinkle spinach mixture with rind and salt. Stir in juice and remove from heat.
4. Place salmon on a platter. Arrange onions and spinach evenly around salmon. Sprinkle salmon with chopped fresh cilantro / or serve with lemon wedges.
SALMON AND WINE PAIRINGS:
Salmon is a rich, oily and flaky fish. The best wine with salmon depends on how the salmon is prepared or what dressing (sauce or seasoning) is used in the dish. Salmon’s recipe versatility calls for a full spectrum of wines on the white wine, red wine and rosé.
My Easy Recipe with Salmon and Spinach calls for white wine (Riesling) and rosé. Riesling with its fruitiness offsets is the right counterpoint to the rich salmon. Rosé wines, too. Dry, mineral driven character and typically acute acidity in rosé wines make them an exceptionally accommodating salmon pairing partner. Enjoy this awesome meal paired with wine of your choice!