Making this authentic Italian dish is easy, requires no special skills and at the end the result is stunning! Your family and friends will thank you for it. And it takes only 35 minutes! You can serve it with your favorite salad or crusty bread dipped in extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
What I love about this Classic Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe is that you can make more servings with the same amount of beef mince (1lb), by adding more spaghetti. This means that each plate will have less Bolognese sauce, but… there’s no need to worry. With an extra grated Parmesan cheese & soft cheese (on a side plate), and an additional salad, you can have a beautiful dinner for 6-10 people.
As you can see, this Mediterranean Recipe is quick, delicious, and economic, too!
CLASSIC SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE
Prep: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Beef mince (1lb)
Diced tomatoes, canned (14 oz) / or 2-3 bigger fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, medium, grated
2 cloves garlic, grated
2 carrots, grated
2 tsp dried Oregano
2 tsp fresh Basil
1-2 small Bay Leaves, for even more aroma (if preferred)
1 small glass (4-5oz) of red wine
Salt and pepper, to taste
Grated Parmesan cheese & basil leaves, for garnish
1. Cook spaghetti according to directions, drain.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan, fry grated onion, garlic, carrots, and 1lb beef mince. Cook until the onions are soft and beef starts to brown. Add canned or fresh tomatoes. Add a bit of water (4oz) – for easier cooking, fresh and dried herbs and after a few minutes add a small glass of red wine.
3. Cook until the sauce is boiling, then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes until the beef is cooked.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Divide pasta into bowls and top with sauce. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh Basil leaves.