WHAT IS THE MEDITERRANEAN DIET?
SPEAKING OF MEDITERRANEAN DIET, we have in mind a traditional diet in countries bordering the Mediterranean sea, like Greece, Spain, France, Italy, Monaco, Croatia etc. The Mediterranean diet does not refer only to healthy eating habits and losing weight. It’s closely connected with a Mediterranean Lifestyle, which means – keeping balance in life, avoiding stress and enjoying free time with family and friends. Let’s find out a bit more about Mediterranean Diet – The World’s Healthiest Diet according to various diet research and studies!
A typical Mediterranean diet includes lots of fresh vegetables and fruit, beans, cereals, fish, white meat, pasta etc. A specificity of the Mediterranean diet is, that beautiful and tasty meals are always prepared and decorated with various aromatic herbs, such as: oregano, basil, rosemary, nutmeg and lots of others. Olive oil is the main source of fat in this diet. We shouldn’t forget to mention drinking a lot of water during the day and in the evening hours enjoying a glass of red wine with dinner.
WHY IS THE MEDITERRANEAN DIET CONSIDERED AS ONE OF THE HEALTHIEST DIETS IN THE WORLD? First of all, the advantages of this Med healthy nutrition are known for decades. New research always adds something new: new characteristics or new benefits not known till this moment. This makes it constantly the center of the attention and attractive. Different research has shown that MED DIET has multiple benefits:
- for overall health
- as prevention for different diseases and for solving some health issues
- for optimal balance of body and mental health
- keeping fit
- losing weight etc.
WHY PEOPLE “FALL IN LOVE” WITH MED DIET? The Mediterranean Diet is about enjoying simple, healthy meals and exploring new, original flavors, feeling well and living a Med lifestyle. It’s also a family diet with benefits for the whole family.
BASIC RULES AND CHARACTERISTICS OF THE MEDITERRANEAN DIET:
- eating fresh food & balanced meals
- different fruit throughout the day
- diet plan
- healthy snacks
- fish 1-2 times a week
- milk products, like feta & yogurt
- the balance between fresh/ uncooked and cooked food
- there’s also food to be avoided
- a lot of water and lemon on a daily basis
- Med Diet does not practice Cal measuring
- Med life-style: moderate exercising or walking, spending some time in the fresh air
WHAT MAKES MED DIET SO HEALTHY?
A/ MED DIET IS RICH IN:
– Fresh Food – food in its natural form, containing lots of natural, nutritious enzymes. These enzymes help the digestion procedure. Fresh fruit, vegetables, cereal sprouts or seeds contain nutritious enzymes. We need plenty of enzymes for body nourishing, for necessary energy and metabolism balance. – Healthy Carbohydrates – are those without additional refined sugar, for example: fruit, cereals, rice, vegetables and bread made of wholegrain flour……
– Organic or Biological food – without chemical substances.
– Healthy Proteins – a combination of vegetables and cereals is a good example of healthy proteins. This combination is cheaper and healthier than meat. Healthy proteins are biodegraded easily in organism.
-Healthy Fats – food that is rich in healthy fats, such as olive oil and other herbal oils, nuts, different seeds etc. contain plenty of healthy fats necessary for losing weight, reducing cholesterol, enhancement of body immunity and skin, hair and bones nutrition.
– Unprocessed Food – food without any addition of chemical substances. This food is in its initial condition, as it is in nature.
B/ CORRECT FOOD COMBINATION is especially relevant:
- HELPS FAT BURN MORE EFFICIENTLY
- ENSURES THE BEST POSSIBLE ABSORPTION OF NUTRIENT COMPONENTS, ENZYMES AND PROTEINS
- AVERTS INFLATION, BELCHING AND INDIGESTION
- AND GENERALLY, AVERTS MOST PROBLEMS THAT ARE CONNECTED WITH OBESITY
C/ MED DIET IS BASED ON SIMPLE ADVICES, EASY TO FOLLOW:
- EAT EARLY – dinner adds weight because the body doesn’t burn fat fast during sleep
- AVOID SUGAR AND SALT
- CUT OUT PROCESSED FOOD
- EAT HEALTHY FAT
- DON’T SKIP MEALS AND ALWAYS EAT BREAKFAST
- START EXERCISING, OR AT LEAST, START WALKING
- ACTIVATE YOUR METABOLISM – with a glass of warm water and lemon in the morning
- DRINK A LOT OF WATER
- EAT HEALTHY SNACKS etc.
See more at Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan
WHY DO OTHER DIETS FAIL WHILE MED DIET IS PERMANENTLY N01? The majority of current popular diets don’t have results. Sometimes they help you lose some weight, but, in the long run, you gain it again. These diets are based on Cal measuring and point system. They’re exhausting and often dangerous.
Most of these diets limit consumption of basic fat acids. Basic fat acids help your body to burn fat. By limiting consumption of basic fat acids we decrease body ability to burn fat. The purpose of a diet is not to starve. Opposite these “starving” common practices, you can really enjoy food while losing weight. That’s the beauty of Med Diet and its “magic formula”. In addition, Med Diet aims to help people achieve results in a short period of time with simple changes in everyday eating habits and these results will last for the whole life.
INTERESTING INFO ABOUT MEDITERRANEAN DIET: